We have extensive experience treating Chronic Abdominal Pain from various etiologies.
- Organic pain conditions: often due to structural problems resulting from organ damage, inflammation and/or manipulation (i.e. history of surgery, ERCP, endoscopy, etc.). For example:
- Cancer (colon, gastric, pancreas, etc.)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Pancreas disease (Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis, Pancreas Divisum)
- Colon Cancer
- Post-surgical abdominal pain
- Functional pain conditions: may be the sole source of pain or coexist with organic conditions. For example:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Functional dyspepsia
- Functional abdominal pain syndrome (FAPS)
Treatment Modalities: Our practice offers unique comprehensive treatment protocols that were developed in conjunction with the Johns Hopkins Gastroenterology Division from the collective experience of successfully treating hundreds of patients from around the world. Protocols include minimally invasive surgeries, medications, physical and complementary therapies. Research on novel therapies is ongoing.